Body System Disorders: The Integumentary System – Investigating the Root Cause of Disorder / Online Program
Presented by Dr. Somesh N. Kaushik
Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Physician
NOTE: this program has been rescheduled to Thursday, December 22, from 7-8 pm.
Click the links below to register for The Integumentary System or contact Donald, our Adult Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
The integumentary system is an organ system that protects the body from damage, loss of water, or abrasion from outside. This body system includes human skin, hair, and nails.
* Acne – Acne is a disorder of the hair and oil glands presenting itself as red bumps on the face, chest, and/or back.
* Warts – Warts are bumps caused by a viral infection most commonly on the hands and feet. Vitiligo – With this condition, there is a loss of skin color that appears in blotches.
* Eczema – This is a condition that presents as red, itchy, flaky skin.
* Vitiligo – With this condition, there is a loss of skin color that appears in blotches.
* Psoriasis – This inflammatory skin condition presents as red, itchy plaques that occur most commonly on the knees and elbows.
* Melanocytic Nevus – This is a usually noncancerous disorder of pigment-producing skin cells commonly called a birth mark or mole.
* Basal Cell Carcinoma – With this type of cancer, the skin has a slight pearl color which rarely spreads to other parts of the body but must be treated.
* Squamous Cell Carcinoma – This skin cancer shows as a rough-surfaced skin-colored lesion, which causes death in about 10 percent of affected patients.
* Melanoma – Melanoma is a skin cancer presenting as a dark, changing, bleeding skin spot which can be fatal in 35 percent of patients diagnosed.
Ayurveda investigates the root cause of these issues and treats the whole body accordingly.
About our presenter: Dr. Somesh N. Kaushik is the owner and chief medical practitioner of Dr. Kaushick’s Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Clinic in Cross River, NY.
With over 35 years’ experience as an Ayurvedic physician, Dr. Kaushik’s medical training is extensive. He is one of the most experienced Ayurvedic physicians in North America and is the recipient of the Dhanwantri Award, his profession’s highest honor. Dr. Kaushik recently founded the Institute for the Advancement of Ayurvedic Sciences, a research and teaching institution.