Family Field Trip Series
This summer, the library wants to make taking trips with your kids as easy and fun as possible. Meet us at the Trevor Zoo, Great Hollow Nature Preserve & Ecological Research Center, or the Mid-Hudson Discovery Museum for special animal encounters and play-based experiments by museum and animal educators!
Registration in the event includes all entrance fees and program fees for the special field trip activities, as well as a small snack provided to each participant. Transportation is not provided.
Because each field trip includes a unique learning activity, the age-range for each visit varies in order to reflect what is developmentally appropriate. However, we may be able to accommodate younger or older siblings on a case-by-case basis. Contact Children’s Program Coordinator Neena McBaer directly with questions about bringing younger or older siblings.
Registration is required. Registration is open now for Pawling and Holmes residents. Non-resident registration (as space is available) opens 06/20. You must register for each event individually. Click on each to find out more or sign up.
|Mid-Hudson Discovery Museum:
– Sensory Exploration: Ages 1.5 – 5 and a caregiver, Monday, 07/17: 9:00 AM
– Bear’s Shadow: Ages 5-9 and a caregiver, Thursday, 08/17: 9:00 AM
– Animal Encounter: Ages 4-12 and a caregiver, Monday, 07/24: 10:00 AM
– Animal Encounter: Ages 2-6 and a caregiver, Monday, 08/07: 10:00 AM
|Great Hollow Nature Preserve & Ecological Research Center:
– Owl Adaptations: Ages 7-12 and a caregiver, Wednesday, 08/30, 10:00 AM
–Turtle Adaptations: Ages 2-6 and a caregiver, Thursday, 08/31, 10:00 AM