Feb/Tue/2023 11:15 AM - Feb/Tue/2023 1:45 PM
Tuesday, 2/07, 11:45 AM -1:15 PM -- Library Annex
with Robin Dann of Create Escape Art Studio
Homeschooling families are invited to join in as we gather to paint ceramic bowls for Create Escape Art Studio's Empty Bowls Fundraiser. Participants will not be taking their projects home with them. Instead, all the painted bowls will then be donated to the Empty Bowl fundraiser, helping to raise money for Camella's Cupboard Food Pantry. There is no cost to participate in the painting project at the library, but registration is required. Click here to register.
For more information contact Children's Program Coordinator Neena McBaer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-855-3444.
Here's more information, courtesy of Create Escape Art Studio:
How does the Empty Bowls Program work?
- Come to the library for the workshop or to the Create Escape Art Studio and paint a ceramic bowl.
- The finished and fired bowls will be on display at a fundraising dinner on March 11th to Benefit Camella’s Cupboard Food Pantry. A simple meal of soup and bread will be served.
- At the dinner, guests will choose a bowl to keep as a reminder that there are always Empty Bowls in the world.
- Tickets to the dinner will be purchased in advance, with the fee covering the guest’s meal and a selected bowl.
- All proceeds from the March 11th dinner will go to Benefit Camella’s Cupboard of New Milford, CT to assist their mission to provide year-round hunger relief to children, seniors, and others in need in the Greater New Milford CT community.
Empty Bowls Program
Create Escape Studio is excited to announce that we have been invited to partner with Camella’s Cupboard Food Pantry of New Milford for their Empty Bowls Fundraiser.
Empty Bowls began in 1990 as an art class project in a Michigan high school to raise funds for a food drive. Students made ceramic bowls, served a meal of soup and bread, and invited guests to keep the bowl as a reminder of hunger in the world. By the following year, the Empty Bowls Project had grown to a 501(c)3 organization designed to promote the concept.
Since its inception, this simple project has evolved into a far-reaching program providing support for food banks, soup kitchens, and other organizations that fight hunger. Empty Bowls events have been held throughout the world, raising millions of dollars for use in combating hunger. Learn more at https://www.createescapestudio.com/emptybowls