Estate Planning Educational Seminar: How to Protect your Parents and Yourself
September 26 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Presented by Michael A. Martin of Martin Law, PC
Tuesday, September 26
Registration is required. You can register on the Pawling Library’s online calendar or contact Donald, our Adult Program Coordinator, at email@example.com. You can also register by calling our library at 845-855-3444. Thank you.
During this brief but comprehensive seminar, you’ll receive answers to the important questions listed below, plus much more – including your own questions about financial planning.
• How to protect your assets from a nursing home? Medicaid?
• The Five-Year Look Back: What is it and why is it so important?
• Probate … Does my Will avoid it? Learn how to prevent it.
• How to preserve your Assets.
• Living Wills, Health Care Proxies and Powers of Attorney: … do I need these, what are they, how do they work?
• Have the recent New York law changes made your Power of Attorney,
Will or Trust obsolete?
• Estate Tax: Is the State or Federal government your largest beneficiary?
• How a Power of Attorney can prevent a lawsuit.
• Social Security: What are my options?
Without proper planning, your Estate or your parent’s Estate may be settled in ways you never intended. Take this opportunity to educate yourself on your options. Join us to get real answers on how to assure your Estate is properly protected.
About our presenter: Mr. Martin has been preparing and litigating Estate plans for 30 years. He received his J. D. from Pace Law School and was admitted to the New York and Connecticut State Bars in 1995. He has served as the Village Court Justice in the Village of Fishkill since 2002. He serves on the Town of Fishkill Board of Ethics.