Registration opens for all programming on January 11th.
There is no lottery for programming at this time. Registration during the COVID-19 pandemic is on a first come, first served basis. If you have questions about requirements for live or kit programming, please check out our programming requirements below or….
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call/Text 845-350-2771 or call 845-855-3444
Requirements for Live Programming Participation
All live programming will be held over Zoom, so an internet connected device is required. While a camera/video cam is not required, it adds significantly to the experience. Caregivers must be present while setting up the connection and remain in the same room as participating children under 5 years during programming. We encourage caregiver participation in all our live programs, as our staff is not able to monitor children’s internet activity while live. Registration is required and connection details will be provided privately after registration to help maintain class security. In registering for a program, patrons acknowledge that they have read the Library’s Programming Policy and Patron Code of Conduct.
New to Zoom? You will need to download the app to your device in advance of your first live program. Visit https://zoom.us/download to find the right connection for your device. Contact us email@example.com or 845-350-2771 for assistance.
Kits come pre-prepped, with paper instructions, and all supplies are quarantined for at least 48 hours after being packed. Weekly kits are made available the Tuesday of the week of the program. Special event kit participants will receive a notification when their kits are ready to be picked up. At this time, the library is closed to the public and kits must be picked up by appointment.To make an appointment, contact our circulation desk at 845-855-3444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow library safety protocol (including wearing a mask and social distancing) when you stop by to pick up your kit. If you live in Pawling or Holmes and are unable to pickup kits due to illness, quarantine, or injury, you may qualify for kit delivery through our Homebound delivery service. Contact Ms. Neena at email@example.com or 845-855-3444 for more information about Homebound delivery.
Story Time Bites
Story Time Bites: We’ve created some bite size story time moments featuring Ms. Neena for anyone missing story times and programs for children five and under. Each video features one song, rhyme, or story and can be watched anytime. Check them out here.
We’re also hosting live preschool and toddler story times via Zoom in May. Find out more here.
We also suggest…
- Berkner Breaks with the Laurie Berkner Band She’s a superstar recording artist for children, and she’s hosting concerts from her living room on weekday mornings! Join Laurie on Facebook Live at 10 am EST or catch up later.
- Storyline Online lets you see and hear well-known actors reading children’s books accompanied by graphically dynamic videos the whole family will enjoy!
- Story Time in Space features real astronauts reading favorite books aloud from the International Space Station!
- Cuentos en Español con Señora Yrma (Spanish Story Time from the Putnam Valley Library with Sra. Yrma)
- El Tiempo de Cuentos con la Sra. Gabriela! (Spanish Story Times from Fond du Lac Public Library with Sra. Gabriela
Talk to us!
Children’s programming and learning opportunities are an essential part of our library mission, and so, if you at any time are in need of recommendations for easy, affordable, at-home learning experiences for children ages 0-11, please reach out to our Children’s Program Coordinator, Neena McBaer, at any time. While we are closed, you can call or text Ms. Neena at 845-350-2771 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.