The Pawling Library is looking for a part-time clerk to join our team by working at the circulation desk. This position will work every Sunday 11:30 AM – 4 PM, every Wednesday 6 PM – 8 PM, and alternating Tuesdays 5 PM – 8 PM. This job requires attention to detail, ability to work independently and with others, multi-tasking, and most importantly strong customer service skills.
The library clerk performs the following functions:
- All circulation duties: included but not limited to checking items in and out, pulling holds, processing materials, registering patrons, collecting fines, shelving and shelf maintenance.
- Provides information to the public on library policies and procedures.
- Performs routine searches and updates of computer records.
- Contacts patrons to deliver messages or information on library materials.
- Provides reference and readers advisory when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the library director.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills:
- Interest in library materials (such as books, movies, and video games) and library events.
- A large degree of comfort with technology.
- Ability to answer questions about the library.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Position: Part-Time: 16 hours per biweekly pay period
Pay: $9 – 13/hr, depending on experience
Benefits: After six months of employment, part-time employees accrue paid time off in proportion to their hours worked.
Instructions to Applicants
Interested individuals should apply online. See link below.
Deadline to apply: Sunday, November 26th, 2017